Had protected sex. Itchy spots appeared all over body. What could be this?

Hi there, I recently had protected sex with a sex worker. I gave a little oral sex. Today, the following day I have a strange sensation. Random spots of intermittent itching all over my body. Almost like some one is tickling me with a single hair! Any ideas? Many thanks,
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I understand your concern .
Itching can be due to urticaria,scabies,pediculosis etc.
Scabies and pediculosis are caused by mite which can cause crawling sensation and tickling and itching.

I would also like to know-
Is there any visible change on skin?
Is the itching intermittent /continous?
Is there any other symptoms like fever/bodyache?
Is there any burning micturition /abdominal pain?
Itching more during day or night?
Any oral /genital lesions/ulcers/sores etc?
Answer the question and upload the image of affected area if there is any visible change.
We can continue the discussion here.

It is more likely to be subjective sensation ,unrelated to STD or sexual intercourse.

Hope this helps.
I would be available for follow up.
Dermatology,STD specialist
Follow-up: Had protected sex. Itchy spots appeared all over body. What could be this? 11 hours later
Hi there,

Thankyou for your reply. Please find requested information below.

There are no visible changes to skin. The it itching is intermittent and very light, one minute it can be on my arm, the next on my leg. No signs of body ache or fever. The first night I was having some discomfort, but last night I slept well. I had a little burning sensation around my groin, but last a few seconds and dissapeared. The itchibg is more noticeable during the day. I have no cuts, lesions, ulcers anywhere on my body or in my mouth.

There are no visible signs of areas at the moment. If this changes I will upload a photo. Could this be an allergic reaction to something?
Also my lips have become quite dry, sore and chapped.

indeed for your time.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
hi again,
Thanks for the details.
As the there are no visible changes it is most likely due to Xerosis,
You can take tab.Zyrtec twice daily for 5 days and apply Aloe vera lotion twice a day for 5 days.It should subside by 5-7 days. A visit to dermatologist would be required if it does not go away.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.