Had protected sex. Itchy rashes appeared on stomach. Have dry scalp and dandruff. Chances of HIV?

Hi I recently had sexual contact with a sex worker. I used protection (Condom) during oral and vaginal sex. 2 days after this happened, I had a itchy rash on my stomach. Later I had 2-3 of those, they were around hair follicles. I went to a dermatologist and she said it is folluculitis and gave me an antibiotic cream. That cream helped and the rash went away. But I have been very stressed about this. I am also having mild itching under my elbows, also I have dry scalp, dandruff and itchy feeling in the back of my head. I also noticed I have dryness in eyebrows and also a pimple. Could these be early indicators of HIV such as seborrheic dermatitis. I am very concerned about HIV, can you please help me understand my chances of having HIV
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 5 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Though you should avoid sex with sex worker, but it is not necessary that every sex worker suffering with HIV.

HIV can be transmitted only if your partner is suffering with it.

As you used protection, chances of transmission of HIV are very very poor.

HIV is the name of virus only, and disease (Aids) takes many years to develop. thus dandruff, dryness and dermatitis are not due to it.

Though there are no chances, you should get HIV tested after 3 months for surety.

You should get your skin problems treatment by your dermatologist.

With good wishes,