Had protected sex. Having severe gastric problem. Should I be worried for infection?

Nov 2013

hi doctor
i had protected sex with 3 different girls on 3 different girls ( all from massage parlors). I have no other symptoms after 25 days of this activity but have severe gastric problem and quite frequently feeling hungry for tha past 10 days ( i.e, from 15th day of this act). Is anxiety and guilty feeling causing these feeling.I worried about my status coz some websites say condoms are not 100% effective. I am unable to continue with my normal married life and have not had sex with my wife from that day, thinking that i might infect her. Need some really great guidance and comfort. I have been monogamous for the past 7 years and i am unsure why i did this. I did ejaculate inside the vagina with the condom on. DO you recommend any testing and at what time
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, please let me reassure you that the chance of you acquiring HIV or any other sexually transmitted infection is close to nil, after using condom protection.

As you have mentioned, your current symptoms are related to anxiety.

Only if the condom ruptures or if it comes out before withdrawing the penis from the vagina, there is a risk of getting infected.

With regards HIV infection, the seroconversion may occur upto three months after the exposure to the infection, I suggest you can do the HIV ELISA blood test once now and repeat it after two and a half months (three months after the exposure). This is just to reassure you, as I am not expecting that you have got any infection from those acts.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad