Had protected oral sex. Itching on legs and scrotum, nerve tingling, nothing on genitals. Is it STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Its now day 9 after protective oral sex which I rec'd. After two days however, I began to feel not quite right and from days 3, 4, 5, itching on legs and around scrotum. Day nine now, and back is itchy, as well as the feeling that legs are warm with a couple of what looks like nettle stings...heelp. have I got a std. If so, which, with the above symtoms would u suggest is? My legs also appear to have wee nerves tingling but nothing on the genitals as it was only oral sex and with a condom.
Very worried.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 38 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
It is good that you care for your health and watch for any abnormal signs and symptoms. This can be STD which sometimes can be transmissed by oral sex even when condom is used. But also it can be only irritation or allergy reaction to condom, underwear or soap. In this case it should pass in 1-2weeks.
If there is no any skin lesion such as wart, pus filled blisters or ulcers and you dont have burning pain while urinating or urethral discharge, it can be herpes infection which leads to tingling and pain in testicles.
If you have any of these now or later then it can be bacterial STD or parasite called trichomonas. STD is nothing serious and it can be treated easily by certain medicines so considering your symptoms I suggest to do urethral swab test just to rule this all out.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help

Follow-up: Had protected oral sex. Itching on legs and scrotum, nerve tingling, nothing on genitals. Is it STD? 18 minutes later
Thanks for that. This may sound silly..and I know I cant have hiv...! ?

My other concern, is that my girlfriend ( unfortunately not whom I had the oral sex from) 'guilt doesnt come close' is now complaining of tingling in her legs and body. Help.the thing is we havent even kissed, never ming have sex, however we have slept in the same bed (clothed) I have no pain although did have two or three small spots in my pubic hair which were very itchy. Came and went in a day or two. Two other small spots and as I say, a kind of nettle, looking, sting thing. Trichomonas...even though it lasted 3 minutes, was oral, and with a condom?
Safe sex im begining to think is no sex even with a condom...

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 36 minutes later
Hi.
Possibility of HIV and Hepatitis transmission is negligible so dont worry about this.
It also cant be transmited to your girlfriend if you didnt have sexual contacts, but is it possible that you got infected by before your last oral sex? Incubation time for herpes or HPV can be very long,even for some bacterias as well.
Your skin lesions can be related to hair follicle infection or simple irritation/allergy. If this passed so quickly without leaving scars or ulcers the you shouldnt worry.
STD can be transmissed by hands too,not only by mouth or genitals so I dont know how much were her hands and genitals involved in your oral sex. Chlamydia and gonorrhea can be found in throat of course.
All in all it doesnt sound like typical STD so you can wait and see will there be progression,nothing serious can happen in short time. If there are some new skin lesions or urethral symptoms you can do testing. Nothing is 100% safe unfortunately ,but you should use protection whenever you can.