Had protected intercourse with CSW. Worried about HIV infection. Done with blood for DNApcr test. Suggest?

HIV AIDS Specialist
HIV and aids
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 38 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
HIV is a virus which causes the disease known as AIDS. It will be transmitted through sexual route from one person to the other almost 75-85% and also through blood transfusion, needle sharing and mother to child through pregnancy, labor and breast feeding. It will slowly destroy a type white blood cells which are very essential for immunity against germs and diseases, thereby the individual becomes susceptible for infections and cancers.
Now it is almost a well manageable disease. One who got infected can live more than 25 years with treatment comfortably. Wonderful drugs are available. A total cure is on the way.
Nothing to worry. If any more details you want specifically feel free to ask me.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had protected intercourse with CSW. Worried about HIV infection. Done with blood for DNApcr test. Suggest? 22 hours later
Sir I had sex for first time with a CSW ON 24 XXXXXXX 13. I m extremelly ashamed of my act. i had to much if alchol. I used two condom. One was put by her and one by me. Both condom were given by her. I didnot kis her. I touched her vagina which was sticky. She told me not to touch her and just finish my job. I did vaginal intercourse for 2-3 min after which she told me to step aside. She removed my condom and discarded it. I after then put on my cloth and left from there. Then i did mastrubation in bathroom with same hand. I washed my organ and hand with water. After four days I met her and asked her about her HIV status. She said negative. I dont belive after all she is CSW. I also asked why she didn't allow me to touch her vagina and why was it sticky. She said that as many people come to her it was the condom lubrication. I really don't believe her single word. I also feel she might be on the periods. But as I was under alchol and the room light was dim I don't know. I fear of HIV infection
Again due to alchol I can't recall properly what gapped. Just bit and part
My problem is I m getting married on 14 July, 2013. I dont want to spoil her life. I don't know what to do. If I break marriage her family and she will be humilated. If I marry her and then come to know I m infected I will be spoiling her life. I m under great tension. Pls guide me. I even don't know whether the condom leaked or not. I think it was not broken.
on 2july, 2013 I consulted doctor. He took my blood for PCR DNA test. Result had not come yet. How many days required for conducting PCR test in Lab. Is PCR test yield reliable and accurate results 8 days after exposure.
with ur experience suggest me what to do. I m in extreme tension as I don't have much time. Will I have HIV infection Will the pcr result be acurate in such short time. Should I break my marriage. I can't live with this guilt. I m going nut. Your answer can save many life especially girls to whom i gonna marry. Plz help me sir.. How many percent of chance that i am getting infected. Kindly analysis the situation and give concert answer.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Welcome back.
First of all, relax. It seems your problem is not as serious as you think.
You had a protected exposure in spite of you under the influence of alcohol. That too with double condoms. That made sure that you had not been infected.

By touching one's vagina, wet vagina (doubtful whether she had periods at that time) is having only negligible risk for HIV as per CDC,Atlanta. So nothing to worry.
HIV DNA PCR may likely to become reactive as early as 4-7 days, but more conclusive after 3-4 weeks.
I can understand your concern as you are going to get married by 14 th July.
As far as with your history of exposure, your chances to get HIV is negligible or almost nil.
If you still be not convinced, try to postpone your marriage or try to postpone your nuptial for another 10 days by which time you will be sure that you are free from HIV and feel relaxed. DNA PCR result will be available within 2-3 days if you are in a cosmopolitan city.
Once again assuring your chance for getting HIV is very remote.
Nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had protected intercourse with CSW. Worried about HIV infection. Done with blood for DNApcr test. Suggest? 45 hours later

HIV-1 Proviral DNA Qualitative Real Time PCR.

Sample type: EDTA Blood

RESULT : Not Detected

Interpretation :

HIV-1 qualitative DNA PCR test has the potential to detect virus (Proviral DNA) before sero-conversion and in patients where antibody tests may be ineffective, such as patients with primary HIV infection and infants borne to HIV sero-positive mothers.
The HIV qualitative PCR assay is used to detect HIV Proviral DNA based on the amplification of the specific DNA from HIV-I integrated within human hromosomes. This test is performed using a real time Thermal Cycler instrument and follows a combination of nested and Real Time Fluorescent PCR for increased

Comment: Please correlate with clinical conditions

Technology : Real time PCR

This is result of my PCR DNA HIV test diagnosed 8 days after exposure. The test indicate not detected virus.
So my questions are;
1. Is this reliable, accurate and valid result.
2. Is there any necessity of conducting second test. If Yes, then when to be conducted. Which test give more conclusive result.
3. How many percent may I make relax.
4, Plz give me more suggestions or guidance based on your valuable experiences.

Thanking you,
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 11 hours later
Welcome back.

As per your test result you are not infected with HIV.

As I told you already that HIV DNA PCR detects the HIV antigen as early as 4-7 days. In some people it may be delayed to detect earlier. So the test will be more conclusive after 4 weeks. A 4th generation combo test or a Duo test which detects P24 antigen also more reliable after 3 weeks.

But to my knowledge, with the sexual history of yours, that is protected exposure with double condoms and touching the vagina and then masturbating carries a negligible risk for HIV. So you can relax and go ahead with your marriage without any concern.
Dr S.Murugan