Had protected intercourse. Tested negative for STD. Started with shivering and fever. Worrisome

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi I am from India, On XXXXXXX 9th i had a protected intercourse with unkown female. After three days i took complete body checkup including HIV elsia which as non reactive and platelet count was 0000. On 30th day took one more elisa which was also non-reactive. On 35th day took DNA PCR for HIV which was negative. After 12 weeks/85th day I took Elisa which was negative. I posted this result in aids vancouver, they said its conclusive and I was very much happy. Past three days i was down with high fever and shivering,temp was 102 F. Yesterday I took a test for dengue which was negative for NS1 and IGM, but positive for IGG and platelet count was 0000 wbc is also low. Now I am worried whether Is it due to HIV or Can proceed with Dengue treatment which is now wide spread in India. I haven't had any other sexual encounter after XXXXXXX 9th. I am terribly worried Please help me. Expecting your reply.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 59 minutes later

The ELISA after 12 weeks/85 days and the HIV DNA PCR after 3 weeks are conclusive and when all these tests are nonreactive, you need not bother about HIV at all. Moreover, you had protected coitus, so you are unlikely to have HIV.

You just need to forget about HIV and take appropriate treatment of Dengue.

You will be all right.
Wish you have a speedy recovery.

Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had protected intercourse. Tested negative for STD. Started with shivering and fever. Worrisome 3 hours later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for the response. Today i took one more blood count test. Got the platelets count as 0000. Doctor said it might be viral infection since platelet count raised and he provided calpal, montec lc and vitamin tablet. He asked me to do a follow up wbc and platelet count test on Friday. Today my fever is down, only little body ache. Will get back to you on friday and close this discussion. Thanks once again.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

I am very happy that you are getting back to normalcy.

Get well soon.

Nice for your interaction.