Had prostrate operation. Had severe pain in legs and back. Noticed patches. Blood test showed low RBC and high WBC. Suggest?

hi my uncle has had prostate operation 7 months ago since the operation he has had severe pains in legs arms and back he has patches to ease pain but still not helping pain is ongoing 24/7 he has had a blood test and the results are the red blood cells are very low and white blood cells are very high what could it be he is going for a scan tomorrow
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
need more details

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the forum.
At the outset, i would like to write that the history and details given are not complete.
I need more details about the operation, whether the procedure was done for cancer or benign disease, name of the procedure and so on.
I can relate the pain to cancer- if that was the diagnosis and that too only if it has spread to the bones.
Otherwise, it is unrelated and he needs to see his family physician first, who will look for other causes for the pain.
The test results can be due to various conditions like infection anywhere in the body and it is hard to pinpoint a diagnosis with the low rbc and high wbc count alone.
Lets see if the scan gives some input.
Awaiting your response.
Best regards, XXXXXXX