Ask a Urologist   »  

Had prostrate massaged. Difficulty urinating. How can it be rectified?

Hi there,
My question is an embarrasing one... A few days ago during sex I had my partner penetrate my anus with her finger. She massaged my prostrate and it felt ok, but she did it a bit hard. Now I am finding that I am having difficulty passing urine with any force, and the urine stream kind of 'stops and starts'. It's also a bit uncomfortable down their and I feel the need to pee frequently. Question is, will this rectify itself? Obviously the pressure on the prostrate has caused this as these symptoms were not present prior to having this done. Oops. Please inform. Cheers XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

The symptoms that you are having are typical of acute prostatitis which is swelling and irritation (inflammation or infection) of the prostate gland. It may be caused by injury to the area between the scrotum and anus (perineum). It may cause pain or burning during urination, difficulty starting to urinate or emptying the bladder, weak urine stream and foul smelling urine.

I suggest you to consult a urologist as the treatment of acute prostatitis is a course of oral antibiotics which you may need to take for 4-6 weeks. It will not rectify itself and you need to take antibiotics.

Till then, take sitz baths, avoid substances that irritate your bladder, such as alcohol, caffeinated foods and drinks, citrus juices, and hot or spicy foods and drink plenty of fluids. After you finish antibiotic treatment, get examined by your health care provider to make sure the infection is gone. If untreated it may lead to chronic prostatitis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.