Had prostrate cancer. Having burning sensation during urination. Suggest?

I had prostrate cancer i just receive my test it was normal and my urinal analysis was negative but i am getting burning sensation after i urinate what is causing the burning
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later
Thanks for query,
If the infection is excluded, the reason for burning can be uretral stones which does urethral damage or irritation, some allergic reaction or kidney disease. You should check Serum urea and creatinine, kidney ultrasound and cystoscopy if necessary. As you suffered from prostatic cancer which causes urethral stricture and urine retention can lead to formation of kidney stone. It can cause burning urination. So,follow the above mentioned test and consult a urologist. Urine alkalinizer solutions are available at the local pharmacy. It can help to reduce burning sensation.
Hope this will answer your query.
Thank you.