Had prostate massage by inserting finger. Having abdominal pain, nauseous and feel bloated. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
During sex my wife digitally massaged my prostate by inserting a finger. She was pretty rough. A week later I have mild lower abdominal pain from 2" under my navel and radiating slightly right. I feel swollen but not bloated in my abdomen and last night I was woken with mild nausea and pain. When I pressed on the area upon waking the nausea hit me like a wave. I have not vomited in 25 years and do not get nauseous easily nor often. Bowel movements have been fairly regular. I am not running a fever. There is no blood or significant mucus in my stool. I have the nagging feeling of a full bladder, however I do not have the sensation that I need to void my bladder.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided is suggestive of traumatic inflammation of the mucosa

Resulting in pelvic congestion and that is the reason you have nagging feeling of full bladder

If there is no blood or mucus in stool it indicates there is no raw area

Nausea could be insignificant and secondary to pain and discomfort, as you already are a patient of GERD continue the same medication

Also go for sitz bath twice a day and a good antiinflammatory like ibuprofen

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern