Had prostate cancer and prostate removed and radiation cleared. Had treated yeast infection. Having tingling in testicle

Oncologist
Question
I had prostate cancer and prostate removed 6 years ago. Radiation 5 years ago and all cleared by oncologist for 3 years. Had urine leakage since initial surgery. Recently had recurring yeast infections in groin area which were treated with antibiotics. Few days ago, after morning urination, notice a small amount of XXXXXXX fluid on the male guard pad and tingling in one testicle in morning only. Gone for rest of day. What is it?
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Hi
It appears that your prostate cancer has been well controlled but surgery has resulted in incontinence. This XXXXXXX fluid may be due to urinary infection, infection in the seminal vesicles or rarely testis itself, or blood in urine. However, as it was one drop only and never came back it may not be anything serious. Tingling in the testicle may also be quite normal but as I said rare possibility of testis infection is there. Usually it causes excruciating pain and tenderness over the testis and that is why unlikely in your case.
To be on the safe side, it is better to get your urine checked for any infection or bleeding. If the urine exam is normal and you do not have any recurrence of this then no need to worry.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.

Follow-up: Had prostate cancer and prostate removed and radiation cleared. Had treated yeast infection. Having tingling in testicle 10 minutes later
I noticed the small amount of XXXXXXX fluid for a couple of mornings and then not noticed it for the rest of the day until the following morning. It seems to be noticeable only in the morning. What could cause blood in the urine?

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 29 minutes later
Blood in urine may be due to infection, stones, recurrence of cancer, or sometimes no cause can be found. But first we should check in the urine to see if it is really present or not.