Had prolapsed uterus. Having vaginal bleeding and kidney infection. Should I be concerned?

I had a prolapsed urtes 5 years ago. I was given a hysterecomy, and had my bladder placed in a sling along with my walls and flooring screened, lately i have been having vaginal bleeding when i wipe after i go to the restroom. I also have frequent bladder an kidney infections. My question is should i be concerened with the bleeding.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 5 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
You are rightly getting alarmed by these symptoms as these can be a sign of some serious underlying pathology. Although most of the time ( up to 90%) underlying pathology is benign but we must try to rule out other grave conditions before reassuring a patient.
I suggest you should see a Gynaecologist, who may suggest you to have a smear test & a pelvic ultrasound depending upon your clinical examination findings.
Your frequent urinary retention. Your Gynecologist will guide you about the line of action ( may be a Renal Ultrasound or X-Ray will be informative).
Hope this answers your concerns please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health and a nice day.
Best Regards.