Had prolapsed bowel surgery done. Fetting nausea, diarrhea, lower abdominal pain. Any treatment?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had prolapsed bowel surgery 2?yrs. ago. I'm still fighting diarrhea, still have pain in the lower right side; mid belly and lower belly. it never ends. i saw the dr. who examined me and his diagnosis was that i use fiber, eat antidiarrhea tabs and take this as long as I can because the next step was "THE BAG", If I eat, I am nauseus, If I don't eat, I'm naseus (sick). I am so bloated, I look pregnant (I'm 60) My skin is so dry and the point is I never, ever feel well. I always said that death by s**t, was the worst way to go and now it tortures me. Can this eventually turn into something even worse or is there a definite pattern that I have to follow anyway.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in
Am really sorry to learn the state of affairs

As far as your symptoms are concerned I would suggest you take stool binding agents like psyllum husk as oral raw fiber will cause bloating

Add a good probiotic twice a day for three to four weeks

Manage your stress levels and ultimately go for physiotherapy of your perineal muscles

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead