Had pleurisy. Having pain from back to front. X-ray was normal. Suggestion?

Cardiac Surgeon
I had pleurisy back in feb and it took about two weeks to clear up but I still have pain from my back right round my sides to my front just like a band it is not a stabbing pain it is tolerable my doctor sent me for an xray a month ago and it was alright so she said all she can do is give me painkillers but they don't really work.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Nisarga 35 minutes later
There are two things which I can think of in your condition. The pleurisy which you had earlier may be the causative factor for your present problem, but it is unlikely. Neural involvement can be a quite prolonged one. Mild relapse of pleurisy also possible.
It may be altogether a new condition which has to be investigated. Painkillers (different variety) can be the only solution.
I wish you good health.
Follow-up: Had pleurisy. Having pain from back to front. X-ray was normal. Suggestion? 8 hours later
do you think that physio would help or would I be wasting my money
do you think that physio would help me or would I be wasting my money and is there a possibility it could be a hurt from lifting something heavy.
Answered by Dr. Nisarga 13 hours later
Physiotherapy will surely help if the pain is arising from musculoskeletal system which is most likely. Go for it please.
Because the pain is band like it may not be due to lifting heavy weight. Anyway, painkillers and physiotherapy will surely bring the pain down, whatever the cause may be.
I wish you speedy recovery.