Had pin in arch of foot, moved to ankle, muscle discomfort in knee. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My name is XXXXXXX Weber. I have had pain in my arch of the right foot and it has moved into the ankle area. I have muscle disconfort at time in the Knee, XXXXXXX hip areas from walking with this condition. I have purchased othotics, high arch sneakers, etc. to help treat this condition begining sometime in Febrary when beginning Golf lessons.

Thanking you in advance..
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to flat foot.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the arch of the foot can be due to plantar fasciitis or flat foot. This can cause a pain in the ankle and leg also.
Treatment is basically correcting the mechanical axis due to deformities by using insoles, lifestyle modifications - weight loss/avoiding prolonged standing, physiotherapy - hot water massage/ Interferential therapy / Ultrasound etc.,

Insoles (soft cushioned heels with medial arch support) have to be used for both indoor & outdoor activities. Weight loss is of prime importance. Hot water massage before going to bed & soon after getting from bed will reduce pain. You can also take mild pain killers for relief.
It is best to consult an orthopedician for proper treatment and prescriptions after a direct examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.