Had pimple like blister on penile shaft. Still a Virgin. What can it be?

Hi Dr. I'm very nervous to ask this but I have had pimple or blister like characteristics on my penile shaft with no symptoms at all just itchy sometimes since I was like 12 I never told my parents because I didn't want them to think I was sleeping around which I wasn't and still haven't. I am currently 21 and still a version but i'm afraid to go to see a doctor because its embarrassing also I'm scared of what potential diagnosis such as cancer ,hpv and herpes. He or she might think I'm a high sexually active person because they are not going to believe me at this age,but most of all i'm just shocked about the whole thing and have been depressed about for years; I never had sexual contact.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some helpful suggestions.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
HPV & Herpes both are sexually transmitted diseases & we do not expect them in virgins.
It is not likely to be cancer because of prolonged history.
I don't think you should neglect this issue as it is there for such a long time. It is not likely to be a sexually transmitted disease in your case. If you leave it untreated, it may increase your depression.
To me it sounds like a skin disease or some form of allergy.
General measures you should take include, good hygiene, DONOT use antiseptic or medicated soaps.
Use loose undergarments made up of cotton. If you have started using some new product please discontinue it.
I think the person to go to is a Dermatologist.
Wish you best of luck.

Follow-up: Had pimple like blister on penile shaft. Still a Virgin. What can it be? 10 hours later
Thank you just confused about the whole thing its put hold on some parts of my life. Humm so I would gather that I should make an appointment.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for your response

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
I am happy that you got my point & I hope you will get well soon.
Follow-up: Had pimple like blister on penile shaft. Still a Virgin. What can it be? 21 hours later
So I went to my doctor and I found out it was nothing really I have a condition called sebaceous prominence which is common in males, I thought I had something terrible for all these years so happy I don't. So now going try to clear it up but its nothing contagious as you know as a doctor.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No this is not contagious

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
This is really nice that you finally got the diagnosis which is not XXXXXXX at all & hope you are out of stress now.
Sebaceous Prominence is not a sexually transmitted disease, it is harmless and not contagious. You only need to believe in all these facts & start taking it as normal.
Wish you good health & all the best.