Had pimple inside the ear and it itched. Lobe is swollen and hurts to chew. Taking clarithromycin for hpylori

My ear had a littLe pimple inside and the ear canal itched but now the lobe is swollen ant it hurts to chew. It is also swollen on my face for two inches around the lower lobe. I am already taking clarithromycin and metronidazole for h pylori. I have hade the ear problem before but this is the most swollen it has been. Concerned because my wife had a mrsa infection in her hand two weeks ago
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.

This may be a Furuncle of the external ear.(Infected Pimple)
This condition will cause pain in the ears due to lack of space to expand further.

The chances of MRSA infection is there due to history of exposure.

If the swelling has any pus it has to be surgically drained and send to culture and sensitivity.

Based on the report antibiotic should be chosen.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.