Had physical relation but no intercourse, took ipill and had light bleeding but no period. Suggest?

Mar 2013
Hello doc..
I had my last period on 31st july.. on 5th aug, i went physical with my bf.. we didn't had sex..he even used condom.. there was only touchng of parts.. bt he had doubt that condom broke.. so on 7th aug i took unwanted 72. had light bleeding from 17th aug for 7 days.. since then no period till date. i even took preg home test on 19th sept. it was negative. consulted gyno and she gave me cyclonorm p,e.. its been 5 days bt still no period.. what are the possibilities?????
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
The spotting / light bleeding you experienced from 17th August onwards was withdrawal bleeding from the Unwanted 72 pills.
The emergency contraceptive pill can delay or prepone your normal expected period by a week or sometimes more.
However, considering your last period to be on 31st July, it would be almost 2 months now.
As the pregnancy test was negative, please do not worry.
Sometimes, mild hormonal imbalance would result in delayed cycles.
Stress and anxiety, change in food, eating and sleeping schedules, travelling, weight gain or loss, ingestion of other medications - all these can contribute to delayed cycles.
Of course, thyroid hormone imbalance, polycystic ovaries, thickening of the lining of the uterus ( endometrial hyperplasia ) - these are all gynecological conditions that can cause habitual delay of cycles.
Cyclonorm is a herbal medication, not proven scientifically to induce a withdrawal bleed, or regulate cycles.
I would ask you to consult a gynecologist again.
She / he should rule out the above mentioned conditions ( by a repeat pregnancy test, XXXXXXX exam by per vaginum and per speculum, a pelvic ultrasound and blood tests ).
After that progesterone tablets ( for eg. Meprate ) can be prescribed for 5 days.
WIthin a week of stopping progesterone, you would have a withdrawal period.
Please feel free to discuss further or ask any follow up questions.
Best of luck