Had persistent nagging pain in posterior hip below kidney closer to sciatic joint. Suggest?

I have had a persistent nagging pain in my left posterior hip below the kidney and closer to the sciatic joint. It radiates, it starts mild and then amplifies to 8/10 pain then calms. Its been pretty regular since August.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Guru 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need evaluation for kidney stones again

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

Bases on my experience the symptoms described by you such as pain in your left backside of your hip, radiation of pain and intensity of 8/10 with intermittent in character points mainly towards kidney or renal stones but there can be possibility of just musculoskelatal pain as well. I want you to get an ultrasound of abdomen/pelvis done to evaluate further but a physical examination by physician is also mandatory before that.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!