Had persistent dizziness and pressure in right ear when blowing nose. Should I be worried about ringing in ears?

I have had persistent dizziness for four weeks now. There are times that the attacks are significantly worse. I also have pressure in my right ear which gets worse when I blow my noise. Ringing in my right ear is also bothersome. I had an MRI which proved negative. I have never had dizziness before but I have always had migraines. Before I get a migraine the lights appear to dance or squiggle. Now objects tend to bounce and both my eyes appear to twitch. I also feel like I have to think harder to say what I want to say. Blood counts, thyroid function, and hearing tests are all normal. Losing hope that I am going to feel better. Also went to a balance center that said vertigo is from inner ear, but not related to the crystals. Did vng and a nystagmus was present.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need re-evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

Dizziness, pressure within right ear which gets worse while you blow nose and ringing (tinnitus) are symptoms that are consistent with features of increased middle ear pressure - a condition associated when there is fluid accumulation in the middle ear. I am surprised to hear that your hearing tests are normal; but I am not sure when the test was performed and what those test included.

But if I were to be your treating physician, I would strongly recommend that you visit an ENT surgeon. If you have already met them once, may be consider a second opinion. You will need a detailed examination of ear - otoscopic examination of tympanic membrane (ear drum), tympanometry and impedence audiometry tests.

Since middle ear is closely related to inner ear where the peripheral balancing is located, it is evident that you would have vertigo, eye twitching (nystagmus) and other balancing issues.

The next plan of treatment - conservative or grommet insertion will depend on test results. Therefore I urge you to visit a qualified ENT surgeon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Had persistent dizziness and pressure in right ear when blowing nose. Should I be worried about ringing in ears? 13 hours later
The ENT feels like I need to see a neurologist. Do you think they will be able to offer anything else?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not all the symptoms would be dealt by neurologist

Detailed Answer:

Neurologist might be able to solve migraine and the aura symptoms before headache. But I strongly believe the dizziness, vertigo, ear pressure and tinnitus are ear complaints. If feasible you can consider a second opinion along with the neurologist visit.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.