Had periods in December. Had unprotected sex. When did I get pregnant?

Hi, I'm due on September 19. Last cycle was December 13th. When did I conceive? Had unprotected sex throughout December and of December 31 I had protected sex. Found out I was pregnant via home pregnancy test on January 16th.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Based on the dates you provided. The unprotected intercourse during the dates December 25th to 30th could have resulted in pregnancy.

Since your last period was on December 13th, ovulation in that cycle would have occurred around 25th to 30th and hence marking the fertile period of your cycle.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Had periods in December. Had unprotected sex. When did I get pregnant? 17 hours later
Is there a possibility that I could've got pregnant from intercourse on December 31st, even though it was with protection? I'm 22 weeks 5 days today according to my sonogram. I found out I was pregnant on January 16th and It's a Boy!
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Ultrasound scan dating depends on the growth parameters and does not provide exact date of conception.

The chances of conception on December 31st with protection though less but do exist, considering the fact that no protection is 100% safe.