Ask a Urologist   »  

Had pelvic mesh implant with hysterectomy. Having discomfort wearing seat belt in car.

I had a pelvic mesh implant put in with my hysterectomy. Bare 'wires' from it are now sticking through into my vagina. I have discomfort constantly even with just wearing my seatbelt in the car or lifting a laundry basket. It is interfering with sexual relations as well. My urologist is just putting me through tests and is NOT dealing with the issue at all. HELP !! What should I do?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
known complication

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the forum.
It is unfortunate but is a known complication after mesh placement.
Examination is necessary to check if it is suture erosion or mesh erosion.
Initial conservative treatment with antibiotics and estrogen cream are necessary.
If they fail, removal of suture material or mesh my be necessary through the vagina or the abdomen.
Hope this helps---
Best regards,