Had pcos. Getting brown discharge. Ultrasound showed multiple small follicles in ovary. Why am I feeling dizzy and back pain?

Hi, I had pcos and for the past 2 yrs my ultrasound did not show any cyst.
That is, no trace of pcos. I'm on metformin course for the past 6 months.
Doc suggested susten200 when we try for baby. My lmp was 21 Aug. Got
Brown discharge on 12 Sep. Had light red liquid like discharge for the next
3 days on and off. Considering lmp in aug I took hpt on 45th day, 4th oct.
Came back neg. So did an ultrasound which said dominant follicle on l.ovary and
Multiple small follicles in r.ovary. Nabothian cyst in cervix and thickened endometrium
11.9 mm. I had symptoms like breast tenderness,enlargement, soreness and low back pain,
Sometimes feel like puking and dizzy, weight gain and my tummy grows. I took a test today (14th oct), came back neg. I'm scared
Of taking another pregnancy test. Pls help. Am I pregnant? Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
First you need to understand that your arnt pregnant. You ultrasound report nor shows some early signs of PCOS on the rt ovary.But the good news is that you are ovulating in this cycle.You had your period on 21 Aug then light bleeding/spotting on 12 sept. Since your UPT was negative,it rules out pregnancy.But according to the ultrasound you have growing follicles so you definitely could be ovulating.If you want concieve then it would be a good time to start as soon as possible.You could consult your doctor about ovulation induction,provided the other factors are normal like tubal patency, normal semen analysis etc.
Continue taking the metformin as advised.You are beginning to show signs of PCOS now. Weight reduction is important. Your cycles will become irregular.These symptoms you have could be premenstrual signs also.Complete hormone profile needs to be done,LH,FSH,PRL,DHEAS,TSH.
You can take tab duphaton from day 16 of your cycle for ten days but after you periods are regular.
I suggest that you consult your doctor and get all these tests done if not done yet.And then ovulation induction will be the next step.
Follow-up: Had pcos. Getting brown discharge. Ultrasound showed multiple small follicles in ovary. Why am I feeling dizzy and back pain? 34 minutes later
Thank u so much. I gotta tell you this too. Please help. I started trying for a baby last oct(2011). I got my periods after 45 days in nov for 3 days. After 2 days I started getting a brown/ black discharge for 5 days. I was flying and travelling that time. When i came back to India that bleeding turned out red and was bleeding for about 10 days.10th day When i went for an ultrasound, they said everything is normal and gave me duoluton l for 3 months. Once the course was over in feb 2012 we tried again. I got my periods after 55 days and no spotting. Doctor said it was late periods. Did all the tests including the hormone profile in april and doctor said it was all normal. Only then she suggested me metformin and susten 200. We tried in april and july which was unsuccessful(got the periods correctly) and then in aug. After the spotting on sep 12 we did not try. On 13th sep(during spotting) when i tried to insert the susten in my vagina, i couldn put my fingers easily as i did earlier. And i got this heavy white sticky cervical mucus around 2nd oct (usually its not so heavy). Till oct 2 it was pretty dry. Do i have to take all the tests again. Please explain.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Well,if your previous hormone profile was normal then no need to repeat immediately But you need to get an xray called HSG to find out the patency of your fallopian tubes.Also your husband should get an semen analysis done after 5 days of abstinence. Next,your periods have to regularise.If you get you start getting monthly periods then ovulation induction can be done provided the HSG/Semen analysis is normal. Then ovulation induction can be done with drugs.Clomiphene citrate 50mg daily from day 2 of your menses for 5 days is the starting dose .You can stop susten and take tab duphaston orally from day 16 of your cycle for 10 days. But you will need prescriptions for all these tests and medicines.So you will need to consult an infertility specialist.