Had patch of red skin on foreskin, not sore and itchy. Turns red with shower. Due to cortisone?

I am a 75 yr.old male.I have had a patch of red skin on my foresskin for some is not sore or itchy. When I shower it tuns very red, but then settles XXXXXXX again the skin is quite shiny, this may have been causedby a cortisone based cream. There is no infection
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be steroid induced or zoon's balanitis

Detailed Answer:
from the description provided, I could think of three differentials
Steroid induced atrophy
Zoon's balanits
erythroplasia of querat.

Steroid induced atrophy presents as shiny thinned out area, it can be hypopigmented or eythematous due to visibility of underlying vessels. It occurs with prolonged use of steroid

Zoons balanitis presents as red flat lesion with small cayenne pepper like spots

Erythrplasis of querat can present with redness, pain ulceration etc. It is premalignant.

other possibilities could be fungal infection, psoriasis, lichen planus etc.

I would like to see an uploaded image of the concerned lesion so that most probable diagnosis can be suggested.

I would also like to know since how long are you having this lesion
why was steroid used over this area and for how long
Any other associated finfdings.

Answer these queries and upload an image then we may carry on our discussion.

Waiting to hear from you soon.