Had partially protected sex, urinating white and clear substance, negative HIV test. Is being sick a sign of HIV?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I'm worried because I feel I may have had a possible exposure to STD'S early morning of 8/24/12. The perosn I slept we used a condom and as we changed positions I checked to make sure the condom was still there. After we were done he had got up and I went to the restroom. I'm worried because I din't see the condom afterwards. i checked myself to see if any cum would come out and it didn't, I di the same thing 15 minutes later and it was just a little bit of my own cum. About 5 hours later when I got up to urinate, after I urinated a little bit of white clear stuff came out afterwards. 3 days later I started my period for the 2nd time that month and that has never happened before. I suffer from anxiety and asked my Dr. to test me immediately and was given a full panel STD check and an HIV DNA PCR test and everything came back negative. He told me I would have to retest for HIV in after a month of possible exposure and the HPV, Syphillis and Hepatitis tests.

My daughter started feeling sick this past Thursday and really started going through the sickness a day or two later. Then this past Saturday night I ended up sick, I had taken Nyquil since then and feel fine now, just a little mucos in my throat. About 3 1/2 weeks ago my daughter was sick as well because we went on vacation to Vegas where it was 102 degrees and came back home to CA where it was mid 60's and days later I ended up sick as well. Did the same thing and took Nyquil and was better in 2 days.

The reason I have told you all the information above is so you can understand why I' asking these questions. First could me being sick be a sign of HIV or could it just be a coincidence that I'm just getting sick from my daughter and would the HIV test that i had taken be a good indicator that I'm not infected? I will retest with the antibody test at the 4 week XXXXXXX And also I have herpes 1/2 and had been taking Valacyclovir for 3 weeks 2 times a day until I couldn't take the abdominal pain it was giving me and I have also lost my mother 4 months ago and my mother father 1 month ago so my queestion is could the reason why I had 2 periods in one month is due to the stress and me taking the pills for herpes? And do you feel my exposure was high risk or low?

Thank you in advance for bearing with me and reading this.
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 days later
I understand your concern and appreciate your efforts as a vigilant health conscious individual .
Please do not worry , you are doing fine and I would like to clear your doubts by answering your questions one by one .
Answer 1. Yes , your sickness is most probably a respiratory infection passed on from your daughter and is not a symptom of HIV . Yes your HIV DNA pcr test is negative , which is a good indicator that you are not infected by HIV .
However for the sake of completion and to be doubly sure you do have to take the antibody test as advised which I'm sure will relieve your worries as it should most probably come negative .

Answer 2. Yes , Stress is a major cause of hormonal disturbances leading to preponement or postponement of the periods . Another cause likely is the medication ( antivirals ) you were taking as any medicine can have such minor disturbances as sideffects in females .
Also early periods is not related to HIV infection .

Answer 3. Your exposure was a very low risk one and you need not worry for it but as a health conscious individual try to avoid unknown partners in the future. Using a condom is a healthy practice to stay away from STDs .

Hope I have answered your queries .
Kindly accept my answer in case you have no further queries.