Had partially protected sex. Delayed period. Negative pregnancy test. Feeling tired and sleepy. Reason?

Doc, I did not have sex with my gf but i wet my pant and to her panty while both of us were hugging and kissing it was on 23 XXXXXXX and she was suppose to have her period on 29 XXXXXXX but it did not happen. She took pregnancy test on 2 July which was negative, another test on 8 July it was also negative. As she did not have her period afraid of pregnancy she took another test on 23 July it was also negative. Till now she did not have her period. Doc, is she pregnant? Is the sperm able to pass through my underwear + my pant(jean) + her panty. Why is that she is not having her period?. She told me that she feel tired and fell sleepy all the time.
Please help me
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 14 minutes later

Pregnancy can occur if unprotected intercourse occurs during the fertile period, i.e., the period of the menstrual cycle around ovulation. Complete penetration is not needed and ejaculation also is not needed as the pre-ejaculate contains enough sperms for fertilization.

In your case, the chances of conception are very low as there are several factors to be considered; firstly, it was not an intercourse and there were several barriers, secondly, it is not known if your friend was in the fertile period. Under such circumstances, it is essential to know the reason for the menstrual disturbance. Several negative pregnancy tests almost rule out conception. Yet, you can get a serum beta-hCG assay coupled with a trans-vaginal sonogram and contact a specialist for a proper appraisal of the situation. Stress, sudden weight disturbances, hormonal disorders and infections can lead to irregular periods.

Hope your query is answered. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Had partially protected sex. Delayed period. Negative pregnancy test. Feeling tired and sleepy. Reason? 6 minutes later
Thanks for the reply, Doc, is it normal of not having period for 27 days? Regarding going to doc for the test she is scared. Can tell me some sign of early pregnancy also abortion is safe till which month.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 9 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

A normal menstrual cycle varies from person to person but on an average varies from 28-35 days, i.e., a period occurs once every 28-35 days based on the particular person's constitution. If in case a period fails to occur like this, the reason has to be found out.

Medical abortion is possible up to 7 weeks of pregnancy and should be done under medical supervision only. Beyond this stage, surgical abortion is advised.

Some of the symptoms of early pregnancy are tiredness, sleepiness, altered taste, food cravings, sometimes cramps in the stomach, excessive urination, sometimes discharge from the nipples and so on.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. Please get back if you have any more queries. I will be happy to help.