Had partial sigmoid colectomy. Having nerve pain going down to legs. Had obturator hernia. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I had a partial sigmoid colectomy 2 weeks 3 days ago. I am having nerve pain on the right side where one of the lower incisions is and it is going down my leg into my foot. I'm concerned as I have had an obturator hernia mesh in 2004 and haven't had any pain since then. Could this nerve pain heel with time from the surgery? I have 5 incisions since they took one foot of my sigmoid colon out through a laparoscope surgery.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Sigmoid colon is present on the left side of abdomen.
But,laparoscopic incisions will be placed on both sides.
The nerve that is passing to the leg might have injured during the passage of the instrument.
It is not related to the Obturator hernia repair.
It will come down gradually.
In similar cases,i used to give Gabapentin and Multivitamin with antioxidant tablet.
Please take these medicines with the advice of your doctor.
Wish you good health