Had partial colectomy and chronic diarrhea with thin sized feces. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I had a partial colectomy in 2004. I've had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I'm also passing very thin sized feces. Can you help?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Partial bowels obstruction.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Peritonitis and surgery with intestinal junction are the factors of partial bowels obstruction which most likely is the reason of your symptoms.
Intestines junction can get narrow after some time. Perforation causes an inflammation in abdominal cavity what leads to adhesions creation. Adhesions are like a strips which can make intestine narrow.
Diarrhea, thin stools, bloated abdomen, constipation, nausea are common partial bowels obstruction symptoms.

You should definitely visit your doctor and have colonoscopy done at first. If nothing will be found, abdominal CT with oral contrast (enteroclysis) should be next.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.