Had panic attack and increased heartbeat after smoking marijuana. Feeling light headed and anxious. Effect of smoke?

Hi, 18 days ago i smoked some marijuana for the 6th time in my life. I took the whole joint very quickly and XXXXXXX in (5minutes). In no time i started having a panic attack and my heart was beating rapidly, the floor started turning and i felt i was dying, i guess my pressure went extremely low. Now and after 18 days i cant concentrate at work right i feel light headed i have anxiety most of the time, i cant sleep at all, the only time i slept is when i took a pill called stilnox, and i feel kind of depressed. Is this the effect of the smoke and what should i do to get back to normal?

Thank you
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Before you do anything do one thing take a resolution that you would never have the drugs of abuse including the marijuana.
You have dosed your self heavily and could have died that day itself.
Mrijuana causes drowsy delirious and excited state when one can harm self or others.
It also causes fall in BP and heart rate abnormality of life threatening importance.
The effect of marijuana single joint would not last that long, it can last a whole day but not whole month!
Probably you are an anxious person and you are getting precipitation of anxiety by that experience.
Avoid further exposure at any cost, You can use benzodiazepine drugs in supervision of your physician, the dose and duration your clinician will know.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!