Ask a Urologist   »  

Had painful urination and inflammation around urethra. Tip of penis is irritated and tingling in perineum. What is going on?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have had painful urination and inflammation around my urethra. ER said it was herpes. Urologist said it was prostititus. After 10 days of antibiotics painful urination is gone. Tip of penis is still a little irritated. Now I'm having narrowed stool and constipation. Also have tingling in my perenium. Found hanging skin tags that are painful on my perenium under testics. Std culture for syphilis and gonorrhea were negative. Feeling of bubbles in my perenium and testicals is increasing. Please help, no one knows what's going on.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Genital herpes is more likely

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and I am suspecting genital herpes infection in your case.

Genital herpes is caused by Herpes simplex virus Type 2 which is one of the sexually transmitted diseases.

Fortunately, genital herpes has very specific treatment with very good response.

I suggest you get in touch with your GP for a prescription of antiviral medications (Acyclovir 200 mg 5 times per day for 10 days).

I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily.

Wishing you a speedy recovery