Had painful shingles. Blood test showed high cholesterol. Having limited carbohydrates, no gluten and regular workout. Reason?

Hello doctors,
I am very confused, I do no eat red meat (only white meat chicken and pacific salmon,without sauce) I I am totally gluten free, (since I have celiac disease) I never eat sugar in any form I have lots of nuts, fruits and vegetables. I limit my carbohydrates , I work out,
Recently I had a very bad case of shingles which was extremely painful. I took antiviral medication for 7days.
I do take lots of vitamins, calcium, D3, and sometimes iron, and baby other medication.
My blood test shows glucose 100 Hi, calcium 10.8 Hi, AST 41Hi, ALT45Hi cholesterol 204Hi, triglycerides 168H
LDL cholesterol 110HI. VLDL 34 HI. i do not eat dairy product, except yogurt. I just do not understand why those results are so bad.I have to add,every so often, I do have a glass of red wine, (a couple of times a week)
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.
According to latest figures your blood sugar and liver function tests are within normal limits.
The cholesterol levels are borderline high.
They can be controlled by taking a low fat diet and by regular exercise.
Recheck your blood parameters after one month.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.