Had pain in waist and kidney area. Took amoxicillin and no relief. Colonoscopy showed polyp on esophagus. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have had pain in my left waist and kidney area for 6 weeks. Went to my family physician and had a UTI. Took amoxcilliam for 10 days with no side pain releaf. went to a Urologist and had urine culture and a CT scan of abdomen Nothing found. Today I had a colonoscopy and a EGD. Found one colon polyp and some polyps on esophagus. Dr said none of this would cause side to hurt.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The pain in the left waist and kidney area could be due to intra abdominal causes or a muscular pain. All the intra abdominal causes have been ruled out after the investigations. The polyps that have been detected are not likely to cause a constant pain on one side only.
This pain is likely to be due to a muscle pain or a nerve related pain due to minor spine.
A direct examination by an orthopedician and investigations like MRI scan can help in detecting the exact cause. Till then you can take a mild pain killer, do a hot fomentation and avoid any weight lifting.
You can also get some muscle relaxants prescribed from your physician and see if it helps.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.