Had pain in rib cage radiating to back. Skin itches especially at night. US, CT scan normal. Advise?

I have had pain in my right side under rib cage and sometimes radiates to my back. My skin is itch especially at night and I have had this problem for three years. Have had ultrasound, ct scan and hydroscan and all were normal. Are they missing something in these tests
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The pain seems to be from the chest wall.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having right lower chest pain sometimes radiating to the back.
2. Considering your ct scan & ultrasound of the chest to be normal, I would suggest to look for a cause below the diaphragm, especially a sonography of the abdomen - may be a liver and gall bladder scan.
3. There is high likelihood of this being a muscular pain or some local cause in the chest wall.
4. Regarding the itching , get it examined locally by a dermatologist.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist
Replied by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra