Ask a Urologist   »  

Had pain in penis shaft while erect and also feel lump inside urethra. Suggest?

Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
Hi my name is XXXXXXX i first noticed pain in my penis shaft whilst erect about 2 months ago it started in the area around the head of the penis then to the whole shaft of the penis when erect also i noticed when feeling inside of my body on the Urethra half way down it a lump the size of a small bean, there is no pain when i touch this spot and no pain when the penis is normal size. i have an appointment with a Urologist in 3 weeks but I'm quite worried in the meantime please can you help
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 36 minutes later
Hi
During erection,vessels will be seen prominent.Urethra will also be firm in the posterior aspect.
Pain in the penis due to erection can be due to Peyronie's disease.where plaques are deposited in penile layers.It will be excluded by urologist after careful history and examination.
It is better to go for a Colour doppler of the Penis to know the status of blood supply.
Do not worry.
At the time of consultation with Urologist ,ask for Colour doppler of penis also.
If you come back with any queries,i will clarify further
Wish you good health

Follow-up: Had pain in penis shaft while erect and also feel lump inside urethra. Suggest? 2 hours later
thanks for that but what would the bean size lump be its there when the penis is not erect ?

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 55 minutes later
Hi
The bean sized lump could be Thrombosed vessel or Sebaceous cyst.
Once it is examined clinically by palpation,the diagnosis will be confirmed.
Do not fear about cancer.It doesnot present as lump in the shaft.
Wish you good health