Had pain in and around vagina. Noticed bumps which comes out with pressure. What is it?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have had pain in and around my vagina. I went to the restroom and when I wiped I felt something hanging out. I checked it out, it is visible with a mirror but what worries me is there are three hard lumps. If I push like giving birth it comes out even more
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your history is suggestive that you have noticed three bums in vagina which come out more when you exert pressure . It will be very difficult to comment on this as physical examination is very necessary to reach to a conclusion as the number of bumps there consistency , tender or not , surface etc . It can be vaginal cysts which can be the commonest reason for this . Prolapse uterus can also have similar clinical presentation . You need to see a gynaecologist immediately and get yourself examined . Only after that diagnosis can be established and relevant investigations can be planned . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Had pain in and around vagina. Noticed bumps which comes out with pressure. What is it? 1 hour later
Should i be worried about the cysts? There has been no exertion at all. All i do is lay down because it hurts so bad. I cant sit and standing hurts not to mention the abdominal pain. Its been over a month and its getting worse not to mention ive had 3 periods in the last month and a half

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for reverting back. First we have to confirm that whether it is vaginal cyst or something else . Since it is leading to abnormal bleeding there is likely possibilty of endometeriosis also . Even malignancy needs to be ruled out . I would like to advise you to see a gynaecologist immediately . Take care. Dr. Shruti