Had pacemaker implanted. Diagnosed with pericarditis, postpericardiotomy syndrome. Any suggestion?

i am a 57 year old female who had a pacemaker implanted 6 wks ago. I had a spontaneous pneumothorax on o apposite side of pace maker unexplained. Pig tale XXXXXXX was placed, pneumo was resolved. Since my discharge, I feel like I am short of breath but my O 2 sat is good.I Can not tolerate going out side in warm humid air,Even showering is difficult .I have to shower with door open to get air. Ive been to a pacemaker rep says everything checks out. cardiologist ruled out pericarditis and post pericardiotomy syndrome. Neurologist is ruling out myosthinia gravis, Lyme disease, ALS. I am so frustrated and can not function like this. Feels uncomfortable to breathe normally. I am not crazy. I am an O R Nurse and just want ;my life back . Have you any answers or suggestions...I go from Dr to Dr with no answers. It is not anxiety what I feel is real. CTA was neg no blockages in corinary arteries. lung scan reveals no clots. Thinking I should get another scan. May need to check my self into Mayo Clinic. Also had broncoscopy to rule out MAC by pulmonologist. Still waiting for result. Taks 6 weeks for cultures to grow. ANY THING ELSE LEFT?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I assume that you had no shortness of breath prior to this episode of pneumothorax.

I can see two aspects of your problem - one is to be sure that you have organic dyspnea (shortness of breath) and second, if you have it then what is the cause?

First of all, do you feel breathless on a particular level of activity always? Do you feel breathless even on lying down? What is your breathing rate when you feel dyspnea (shortness of breath) and what it is when you are sleeping (get it checked by someone else who is close to you, at times when you are unaware of the Fact that it is being counted)?

Second aspect - What are your pulmonary function tests results on spirometry? - if they are normal too? What was your left ventricle ejection fraction on ECHO when you got admitted for pacemaker implantation?
What was the cause for pneumothorax? - Because the underlying pathology for pneumothorax may explain your dyspnea which can be emphysema/ bullae associated with non-smoking lung conditions like marfans's syndrome etc (i hope you never smoked).

In short, please let me know
1. your ECHO report
2. your X-ray chest /CT chest report
3. your spirometry results (please upload these reports if you have already got them with you. do not get them now, right away)
4. your breathing rate and the scenarios wen you feel shortness of breath.

The test results can be uploaded directly using the site's uploader available on this page. Alternatively you may mail them across to me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line "Attn: Dr. Sukhvinder Singh"

I will wait for these details and would be glad to discuss further.

sukhvinder XXXXXXX