Had pacemaker implanted. Developed back pain and chest pain. All test normal. Muscle pain?

I had a pacemaker implanted 3 days ago. Felt fine for the first day and one half, then devloped rther severe middle chest and upper back pain. The pain seems to me agrevated by being in certain positions and is particularly bad when I try to sleep. Went to the ER this AM, they did the ususal cardiac blood tests, EKG, chest xray and chest CT scan. All tests came back negative. After consulting with my cardiologist they concluded in was likely muscular pain. What is your opinion?
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Early after implantation, a few possibilities that may arise are – malfunction, displacement, perforation, pericarditis, infection and so on / at times incidental events like an embolism or coronary episode.

All the relevant investigations have been done / and with these, no important event is likely to have been missed.

Obviously it looks like muscle pain only. There are no clues to suggest anything else.
You are in good hands. Nothing to worry. Keep following up.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Follow-up: Had pacemaker implanted. Developed back pain and chest pain. All test normal. Muscle pain? 2 days later
Had to return to the doctor as I was having a great number of sensations in my chest reminicent of the PVC's (like brief pauses) I had been told I was experiencing. I could feel thesein my pulse as well--whn taken on the wrist. A check of the pacemaker inidicated it was operating well, and the technicina who did the check XXXXXXX perhaps I am extremely sesitive to the PVC's and the pacing impulses of the pacemaker. While I did not see the doctor, the technician reviewed the results with him, and I was told everything looked OK. Your thoughts on this?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later

There is nothing to worry, if the pacemaker is functioning normally.

Pacing impulses are sometimes felt / or at times, stimulation of skeletal muscle by the side. If it persists after a week or two, they may adjust some parameters of the pacemaker (like sensitivity of sensing or strength of stimulation).

Nothing to worry.