Had ovary and dermoids removed. Experiencing pelvic pressure, weight gain and numbness. Worrisome

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Hi. I have a history of dermoids. Had my right ovary removed and dermoids removed off my left ovary two years ago. I have been experiencing severe pelvic pressure, weight gain, sharp cramping waking me from sleep, numbness and pain down my leg, bloating and indigestion. I had an ultrasound and it shows a complex mass 2.9x2.5x2.1 cm. hyperechoic area, also 2 cysts, a prominent uterus, and a fibroid. My doctor can't see me for 6 weeks. Should I look to see another doctor sooner, or is this a common complaint in a 44 year old?
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 2 hours later

I went through the details submitted and I have to say that what you are experiencing are not common complaints in a 44 year old. Probably you have intra-abdominal adhesions and some adnexal (ovarian) pathology.

I do not recommend you waiting, please consult the doctor at the earliest (depending on the severity of symptoms) and undergo required investigations.

Let me know if you need further guidance.

Good luck