Had ovarian pain. Cat Scan showed ovary moved to front and low, leg numb and also have cyst

Dec 2012

I am a 21 year old female I have a 12 month old son. My periods have always been erratic. My question: I went to the ER last night from pain in my left ovary. The CAT scan showed my ovary had moved to the front and really low actually over my left leg tendon and arteries. They say its just over where my leg and abdomen XXXXXXX My left leg goes numb. They also told me I have a cyst inside. It is really painful and because my leg goes numb that hurts too. What do you suggest?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I suggest you go in for a surgery

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description, it seems to be evident that your ovarian cyst is causing a problem and the best possible option for you (if I was to handle you as my patient) is a laporatomy (open abdomen surgery) or laparoscopic surgery which will help reposition your ovaries and also remove the painful cyst. Draining the cyst is not advised as recurrence rate is high.
You will need to XXXXXXX a gynobs face to face and get available options. I am afraid that pain killers will not help unless the cause is corrected.
You are still young and still in reproductive age group and the best possible option should be taken as soon as possible.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah