Had ovarian cyst removal. Having pain and burning sensation around stitches. Is this normal?

I had ovarian cyst removal I am 10 days in recovery sometimes my XXXXXXX stitches feel like they are pulling, sometimes a slight burning sensation why is this?

Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

After a major abdominal surgery, the scar tissue that forms around the line of incision has more of fibrous tissue which is less elastic than the normal skin. This gives the feeling of pulling in the area. This will gradually decrease over time. Please do not worry.
The slight burning sensation in the area is suggestive of regenerating superficial nerves after these are cut during the incision. Taking methylcobalamin supplements will help in a faster recovery. This is also a normal finding and is not worrisome.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.