Had outbreak of hidraditis supprativa under armpits. Have thread like vein from underarm to elbow. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I had an outbreak of hidraditis supprativa about 2 weeks ago under both armpits. Using antibiotics it has subsided. However, now I have a threadlike vein that seems to span from my underarm to the arm all the way down to the elbow. A couple of days ago it was only under the I feel my arm is sore also. What is going on?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be infected blood vessel or lymphatic.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting in XXXXXXX

There are multiple superficial blood vessels and lymphatics which extend from axilla to the hand.Because of the armpit infection,the bacteria might have invaded one of these structures and led to the above thread like condition.

Please consult your doctor and to rule out active infection. Atibiotc and anti inflammatory medicine might be needed. If you were to be my patient, I would start you on atibiotics like Clindamycin, Cefuroxime and anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac sodium.

Nothing to worry. It will come down.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health