Had oral sex and kissed, lip tingling, no cold sore. Could it still be a cold sore?

I had kissing and oral sex. Later that evening I felt tingling on my lip. The tingling is still there five days later and no evidence of a cold sore. Could it still be a cold sore? I've never had one before. What else can cause tingling? Or is it all in my mind?
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

I understand your problem and will try to advise you accordingly.

According to the description provided by you it does NOT appear to be herpes or cold sore.

Also I would like to know.
a)Did the girl had any visible oral ulcers/sores?
b)Do you have a burning sensation over lips?
c)Do you have any fever/malaise systemic symptoms?

Please answer the above questions to help you better.

Anticipating your reply.
Dr Sudarshan
Follow-up: Had oral sex and kissed, lip tingling, no cold sore. Could it still be a cold sore? 2 hours later
There were no visible ulcers or sores. No burning sensation. Feel perfectly healthy. Still no sign of anything on lips.

We did kiss pretty passionately for almost an hour. My lip tingled a little bit straight afterwards and I had quite a bit of stubble which maybe irritated my lip. I'm kinda clutching at straws now.

The other thing that has crossed my mind is that we did kiss after they had rimmed my arse. Could that be something too?

By the way it was a guy not a girl.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 33 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details.

After going through information provided by you It appears that it is not Herpes or cold sore.

Mild degree of tingling may occur due to passionate forceful kissing as in your case.
Rimming around ass also has nothing to do with it.

Just apply some lip moisturizer over the lips.

There is very minute chance of developing herpes in your case.
If no lesions develop in 7 more days then you are safe you are safe from it.

To summerize you dont have herpes as if now and there is nothing to be worried about.

If you need any further clarifications do let me know.

Dr Sudarshan.