Had oral sex and found pimples and itching in penis. Herpes test negative but still had itching. Suggest?

Psychiatrist
Question
hi.. i need 2 clarify some doubts about hsvirus.. before three years i had oral sex and within a week i found some pimpels like and itching in my penis.. being a sailor i c
my previous ques is broken.. sorry for dat. so i had itching and red spots in my penis... i last for 2 weeks and then dissapeared. i couldnt XXXXXXX a doctor at dat time. so after 3 months i checkd a doctor and he said it may b herpes and bloodd tests were taken.. results was negative nd doctor said nothing 2 worry and askd me 2 use herperax oinment forr a month and i did.. later after 1 year i got itching nd spots which lasted for a week and left. i agaiin went 2 another doctor nd blood tests were taken through igm and elisa method nd showed negative again.. now almost 1nd half year im free from any itching r symptoms.. my tests showed me negative. my question is do i have herpes now. r im free from herpes? i will b getting married in few months.. is it safe 2 get married without affecting my wife.. is it safe for the baby without catching these.. plz let me know.. im waiting ur answers
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 12 hours later

Herpes virus is very common infection and in many present in the "latent form" (i.e not active or not harmful). The virus become active under stress, excessive physical exhaustion, immuno-comoromised state etc.. And it is during this time one becomes symptomatic

During symptomatic period, one should not delay the treatment. It is also beneficial to abstain from sexual intercourse, or use condom. Taking these measures helps in preventing active infection to the partner. Even if your partner develops infection, there are effective treatments available for pregnant lady, children. Hence I do not see any for getting married

Still, if you think that it might create some issues in future, it may be a good idea that both of you XXXXXXX a dermatologist and can discuss the issues. This will help in decreasing her and your worry

Hope this is clear to you. I am available for further discussion.

Follow-up: Had oral sex and found pimples and itching in penis. Herpes test negative but still had itching. Suggest? 52 minutes later
so i have shown negative for the two tests i hv taken.. what abt dat.. or is there any chance the itching is just itching and not herpes.. if i have sex during the time when i dont have itching r any symptoms, is it still possible to my patner to catch itching...

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later
1. Herpes is more of a clinical diagnosis. HSV IgM and IgG test are supportive evidence of herpes. Since the antibody tests are negative, you can visit your doctor if you develop the red spots and itching again. The second opinion after looking at the rashes should clear your doubts about your infection status.

2. As the tests are negative, practically very very unlikely that you will transmit the infection to wife when you do not have active infection. May be a possibility that it may not be herpes, too

Let me know if you have any other enquiries.

Wish you a happy marriage