Had oral sex after drinking alcohol. Having indigestion, sweaty palms, weakness and high BP. HIV?

i feeling fear of HIV,
i took alcohol heavily 7 days ago and after that due to my stupidity i did oral sex with someone, next day i read about HIV and think deeply ,after 2 days of drinking i suffered from indigestion which is okay now, my blood pressure goes high 130/100
i have sweaty palms,
and when i eat i feel drunk,
after morning poo i feel weakness
is this all sympton due to heavy alcohoal ??? or... i am very afraid
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 51 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

You should relax first as the kind of sexual exposure you had the risk of transmission is very less and even status of the other person is unknown. HIV risk is through unprotected sexual contact (Vaginal or Anal).

Your stomach upset and weakness may be related to your alcohol intake and due to loss of electrolytes and dehydration you feel weakness. You should take enough water and fruit juices to replenish them so that you feel well. In such case patients do have lot of anxiety; hence you should get tested yourself for HIV and a negative test result will relieve your anxiety.

In future please practice safe and protected sex. We have to repeat test after 3 month to be safe.

Your Blood pressure reading is slightly high diastolic (Lower one) which needs to be rechecked after a week or so, as at present it could be related to your anxiety.

This information will help you; I am available for any clarification if any.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Had oral sex after drinking alcohol. Having indigestion, sweaty palms, weakness and high BP. HIV? 1 hour later
after eating i feel my blood pressure goes high ,
also i feel sleepy maximum time. i read so much on net about sympton,
i am very worried,
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for your follow up,

I understand your concern. It is natural that you are worried. But, I can assure you that there is nothing much to be concerned about. Please do not worry, and try to relax. Due to anxiety, after taking food, there can be some variation in the reading of blood pressure.

Your drowsiness may be related to the habit of taking alcohol even withdrawal of alcohol causes such symptoms.

Please take proper action to get checked yourself and once negative report comes your anxiety will reduce substantially. Please follow my advice and keep me informed about progress.

Hope I have answered your query. If there is any further query please ask me, I will be happy to assist you.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M. D.