Had oral sex. What are the tests to confirm HIV?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi I had an oral sex, and i was wondering what is the best test for HIV to do in 7 weeks from exposure, and would it be a conclusion for me because I had low risk ?
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 4 days later
Brief Answer: Oral sex, HIV testing Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for choosing health care magic for your query. Oral sex can be considered as potential exposure to HIV as vaginal secretions and semen are very XXXXXXX in HIV particles. These HIV particles can gain entry into the body through small abrasions and ulcers in the mouth during oral sex. But if protection was used during oral sex then chances of HIV infection is reduced. Coming to HIV testing, the best test after 7 weeks exposure would be ELISA for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies. Please get back if any more clarifications required. Thanks.