Had oral sex. What are the chances of getting HIV? What test should be done?

I had french kissed a un known woman before one month just for 40 or 50seconds by licking the tongue.there is no blood in my mouth.a small open sore is there which is not bleeding(no blood even i rub it).I sthere any chances of getting hiv.Even her tongue also cannot reach the sore .I had asked her whether she is having hiv.she promised on jesus she is not having any hiv. shall igo for any test.After 40 days i had taken hiv tri dot test as negative shall i go for any test further.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later

The risk of HIV infection though negligible ,I would consider it would be wise to get yourself tested as you do not know the exact status of the women you were involved.

A better and sensitive test called HIV P24 antigen assay is available.It will rule out HIV to the root.Do go for the test and be clear of such thought.

Tridot is not very sensitive and do not detect HIV within 6 months of infection accurately.

I still feel the chances are very minimal, but its always good to be sure of it.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.