Had oral sex. Pink spot on penis. Does not feel sore. What is it?

Dermatologist
Question
dr. doc...im not sexually active (had a blow job once but nothing since then (with my ex a doctor..she was clean..an had on undergo regular tests to practice) a pink spot appeared on my penis..(first there were two and some how they disappeared) this one however is a little bigger in size wont go away..it is not depressed or raised...does not flake, crust and does not hurt...i ive touched it with a towel...feels no different from the rest of my penis ( its on the left side of my penis head...has me worried and i feel embarrased about it). im not use to getting naked in the front of people...including doctors....please help
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi dear,

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and photos.

The best possibility that strikes to my mind without physically examining in your case is Lichen planus. This should not mislead you without seeking further information. It can be a number of other things as well.

I would request you to answer the following parameters:

Are these spots itchy?Is there a burning sensation?

Is it the first time you are having this type of lesions?

Do you have any known food allergy/ contact allergy/ drug allergies?

Do you have a fever / any other complaints?

Have tried any new soap/ cosmetic/shampoo recently?

Do you have similar lesions at any other site? Any problems in mouth?

After you answer the following questions I would in better position to help you.

Awaiting your reply.
Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Had oral sex. Pink spot on penis. Does not feel sore. What is it? 8 hours later
they are not itchy. there is no burning sensation. this is the first time im having this. i have no food allergies...no drug allergies..never smoked...nor drinked....no fever...im not sure with the soap...but i think ive used it before...rencently used selsun blue shampoo for dandruff...but this isnt the first time ive used it...but i havent used it in a long time and i only used it on my hair (head). no lesions on any other site....no problems with mouth.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi dear,

Thanks for the reply.

The possibilities in your case may be lichen planus or porokeratosis.

You can apply a mild steroid like hydrocortisone or beclomethasone for 7-10 days.

The lesion should regress in 10 -14 days.

If it does not resolve by then, you should visit your dermatologist who will do a proper physical examination and confirm diagnosis and treat accordingly.

Till then don’t apply soap or any cleanser to the area.
Use only warm water to clean the area.
Avoid friction /sexual activity till the time.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you speedy recovery.
Dr Sudarshan