Had oral sex. Noticed spots on labia minora and sore to touch. What are the risks?

Hi there,
I recently had oral sex with my partner and he was abit rough with foreplay (he put his fingers in my virgina) which was a bit painful so I told him to stop as he was too rough. The following day it didn't feel right down there, so I checked myself using a mirror. I have noticed 3 tiny red pimple looking spots on my labia minora which are slighty sore to touch. I have no discharge or stinging when I pass urine and plan to go to the STD or irritation of some sort. The pimples are right on the edge of the left labia minora (2 on the inside and one pimple is just on the edge but not inside.
We always used condomns when we have penetrative sex.

Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 51 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

Sometimes having rough sex can contribute to sores around the labia, but it could also be a yeast infection or more serious, an std (sexually transmitted disease).

Rough sex can lead to sores.

You have mentioned that you use condoms but oral sex can transmit an STD.

The std that it could possibly be is genital herpes.
This can go untreated for a long time because the sores can come and go away making it easy to overlook. It also can be given to a partner without having any symptoms at all.
Because this disease can go for years without being treated, a person can get it from previous partners or previous sexual contact.
Herpes sores are generally very painful especially on urination.
The best thing to do is to get tested specifically for this disease because a papsmear doesnot do it.
You have to request it from your doctor once you go for your appointment.
If you have already been tested for STDs recently and know that you do not have an std, then it maybe just sores from rough sex.

In yeast infection which can also present soon after contact, you will have thick curdy white vaginal discharge with itching.

If the sores are not painful, you could be having cysts, which are usually harmless. These cysts usually resolve on their own or after a course of antibiotics.

For the time being, you can do sitz bath (sitting in tub of warm water for 15 mins) which will help relieve soreness.
Avoid irritants like soap and douching.
Avoid sex till you XXXXXXX your doctor and get it treated.

I hope I have answered your query.