Had oral sex. Noticed burning at end of penis. Urine test negative. Took antibiotics. Can mouth bacteria be the cause?

Question
Hi:
I had oral sex with my long time partner and noticed a slight burning at the end of the penis 24 hours later. No discharge. I went to a clinic and got tested for STDs and they took a urine sample but also put me antibiotics in the meantime. Within 48 hours the simptoms went away. The tests came back negative. She performed oral on me again and within 12 hours i had a slight burning feeling and am wondering whats causing this? We've been together 4 years and this isnt the first time. Also should I go back to the clinic and get something? The previous doctor said to drink fluids ie. Cranberry Juice etc. Can mouth bacteria cause this?
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 40 minutes later
In my opinion, you are probably suffering from Urethritis, infection of urethra. The cause could be due to bacterial infection.
Home care for urethritis relieves its symptoms. Drink fluids to dilute your urine. This will lessen the pain you feel when urinating.
Get a urine microscopy, culture, and sensitivity to know the specific organism, so that antibiotics for that particular organism can be given.
Yes, oral bacteria can cause this.
Always prevention is better than cure, Prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, including urethritis, involves abstinence (no sexual relations) and the use of condoms, or other forms of barrier protection. Irritants that cause skin or urethral inflammation should be avoided. If a soap, lotion, cologne, or detergent leads to urethral irritation, stop using it.
Dr Arif