Had oral sex. Have red meatus and passing frequent urine. What's the problem?

Hi, I have a very red meatus. I need to go to the toilet every 15 minutes and can not empty my bladder completely. I have had oral sex recently without protection. I am healthy and fit. I presume it is a infection but really have no idea.
Can you help?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 27 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Your symptoms such as redness of the urethral meatus along with frequent urge to pass urine are most likely indicative of a urinary / genital tract infection. Since you had unprotected oral sex recently, it is possible that the infection was sexually transmitted.

I would advise you to see a doctor for a urine test / other STI screening tests, so that appropriate antibiotic treatment can be started. Early detection and propmt treatment will prevent future complications. Keep drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice so that the infectiin clears out quickly.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist